There is No Best Programming Language

Programming languages

Hey, what’s going on guys welcome to developer blog this one will be a short one. In this blog, I want to talk about what is the best programming language. I know when we want to learn new programming language we indeed search on google and also watch some YouTube videos on “Best Programming Language” (I did the same). So I am just sharing my opinion about this, what really need to do and which programming language you should start with.

php and c++

In my opinion, there is no best programming language in a general sense. I bring this up because of a lot of videos on YouTube and blogs out there on “Top Best Programming Language”. I am not targeting anything just in general sense which I have come to realize it’s pretty stupid because languages are used for different things. To give an example, PHP and C++ are very good programming languages, now C++ and PHP are not used even remotely similar to each other. C++ is very low level and very high-performance language which is used to create Games, Kernels and all that kind of stuff like that where PHP is very high level interpreted web scripting language for a building server-side web app. They are completely different in a technical sense they are not comparable. Now you can compare them in job market sense like average salary of PHP developer and C++ developer maybe you can get low salary than other language developer but it doesn’t matter as long as you take interest in whatever language you have selected.

Like you have searched on google and watch some of the YouTube videos and they are saying that JavaScript is a Top programming language and you should learn it (Indeed it is great language personally I use quite a lot). Now if you are trying to learn it and you don’t have any interest in learning web technologies but still you are learning it because you have watched a video or read a blog and that say JavaScript is top language and you should learn it. By this sentence, they all clearly means that it is fast growing language lots of development is happening by using this language that doesn’t mean you must learn it. Assume you like OS level programming or want to build an OS in future and you are learning JavaScript that’s not how things work maybe somewhere in future JavaScript will be used for building OS but that’s not the case. You should learn C++ or any other low-level language used to develop OS. This also applies vice versa like I know some of the beginner programmers are stuck in learning C and C++. Well, that’s not how should things happen. You should try new languages maybe someday you will find language that interests you.
If I am saying about me, I also started learning to code by C and C++ and then I moved to Java. My basics was clear and then I watched some android tutorials and started building very basic android apps somehow I don’t know why I am not much into it then I thought let’s build  IOS app then I realize that for building IOS app I need MAC but I didn’t have much money to buy MAC so I started watching videos about how to install MAC in Windows and literally I found way to install MAC OS on windows so I install it (Sorry Apple)  and play around it to feel comfortable. Then I started learning Swift but it doesn’t interest me much and thought came up from somewhere in my mind It was like, It will be really cool if I create both Android and IOS app so I dig into google search there I found that React is a solution. So I made up my mind to learn React. For learning react we need to know basic of JavaScript there I found a suitable programming language for me. Then I learn JavaScript and now I am very comfortable in writing codes in JavaScript. What I wanted to say from my personal experience is that you can’t find your favorite language on the first try. You need to try more and more languages. If I wouldn’t have to try new languages I would be still learning C++. If you take interest in what you are learning then maybe new ideas will come up and you can try hard as you can for building that idea.

Ruby on Rails

One last thing I wanted to talk about is don’t go and learn languages which are on top of the list. Learn the language that fits you. Why I am saying this because there was a time Ruby on Rails was on top of programming list but now it is not. Because every language is trying to implement a new feature to provide greater user experience so Top Programming language is not like a static thing, it can change from time to time. So I will suggest you to try to learn a language that interests you.


-- Happy Coding ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to write JavaFX CSS for tab pane

How to add JavaFX CSS in your SceneBuilder

Basic of JavaFX CSS Syntax